Articles written during July 2010
- Well, since I can neither work nor blog without Internet service, I guess I will watch some #DurhamCounty Season 2. #
- The new season of #ProjectRunway has begun! Gonna download the premiere now. #
- Or not. Looks like no good torrents available yet for #ProjectRunway #
- It’s disappointing that Justin Louis didn’t return for #DurhamCounty Season 2. I hate it when shows recast different actors in same role. #
When we left off last week, the hamsters (oops, I mean the houseguests) were locked in a battle of wills and endurance for Head of Household. The production team varies the nature of these endurance competitions from season to season and challenge to challenge, but in the end they’re all the same. In this one, the players had to stand on a surf board sticking out of a wall, while a deluge of water fell on their heads. Last (wo)man standing wins. The catch? The last 4 people out besides the winner are on slop/cold showers for the week. In the end, it was a battle between Brendon, who knew he was a target unless he won; Ragan, who had something to prove; and Matt, who also knew he needed to win if he wanted to avoid the nomination block after last week’s rigmarole. Brendon stumbled and was out, at which point Ragan tried to make a deal with Matt, but Matt was having none of it. In the end, Ragan just didn’t have the stamina Matt did, and Matt won HoH.
After Matt won HoH, I figured it would be a pretty straightforward week. Brendon and Rachel would be nominated in an effort to break up the showmance alliance, and regardless of what happened with the veto, one of them would be out the door. This was a very appealing prospect for me, because the two of them are nauseating. But apparently, Matt had other plans. In an effort to demonstrate what a “diabolical supergenius” he is, he had to frak things up and overcomplicate them, basically making his HoH week a complete write-off. Instead of nominating Brendon and Rachel, he nominated Andrew and Kathy. His logic being that Andrew could be used as a pawn to come off the block with the veto and Brendon would go up in his place to be backdoored out of the house.
- #BB12 #BigBrother West Coast Livetweet #
- Chenbot, did you just refer to Matt as a “diabolical supergenius” semi-seriously? #BB12 #BigBrother #
- Rachel is such a crazy fucking bitch. #BB12 #BigBrother #
- It’s so funny, Rachel is so over the top that everyone else thinks she was in on it. #BB12 #BigBrother #
- This week’s episode of #RescueMe is called “Blackout”. It should be a gooder! Off to watch … #
- #InTreatment has to be the most fascinating series that has come up on my radar this year. I’m halfway through Season 1 and loving it. #
- I think what appeals to me about #InTreatment is the stage-y, dialogue driven nature of it. No action, just talk. But riveting! #
- Niiiiiiice. Future dead Connor. #RescueMe #
- #InTreatment has another fan! I watched the first few episodes of the first season last night and was hooked. #
- Michelle Forbes is so amazing. She is in so many amazing shows and always brings something new to each character. #
- Michelle Forbes, amazing roles: Lynne Kresge #24 Helena Caine #BSG Kate Weston #InTreatment Mary-Anne the crazy sex demon #TrueBlood #
OK, so in a show about vampires with lots of feeding and fighting, a fuckload ‘o’ blood is a given. But this week’s episode, the sixth of the season’s 13 ep run, is easily the bloodiest and goriest I think this series has ever seen. So without further ado, I will proceed to splash around in the latest installment of the sexiest, edgiest drama in primetime!
Point one. I cannot get over James Frain as Franklin Mott, the sociopathic vamp-turned-kidnapper with the dry British wit. I have seen him in a variety of roles that range from spurned ex-husband and unlikely hero Paul Raines in 24‘s 4th season to creepy, charismatic alien cult leader in Invasion to shadowy syndicate member in FlashForward. Frain is one of those weird actors who isn’t exactly attractive, but has such a distinctive look and aura to him that sticks in your mind. I already knew that Frain can turn out a good psycho when he needs to, but never before has he been more insidious, more terrifying than in this role. It kind of makes me wonder what kind of life this man had before he was turned and whether he was as deranged then as he is now. He simultaneously makes my skin crawl and makes me laugh out loud (“Youwicked little strumpet!”). It’s almost enough to make me sad that Tara finally managed to bash his brains out with one of Russell Edgington’s prized medieval silver flails (you know, the weapon with a spiky ball). Almost. But this moment was so great for Tara’s character. Her face covered in blood, crazed, enraged, out of body. The shot of Franklin’s crumpled scalp was slightly gratuitous (Tara’s blood-spattered, murderous face drove the point home just fine), but then again True Blood has never really been built on a foundation of subtlety. They really made my stomach turn with this one, so kudos! It’s not entirely clear whether these are injuries that Franklin can recover from, or if he is actually dead, but either way you have to admit that Tara was pretty badass. I would love it if Franklin is able to heal from this and we see him again, just to draw out Frain’s awesome portrayal of the role.
In this week’s episode of Hung, Tanya takes Ray and his son Damon to a poetry slam and reads a poem called “Phallus”. I would like to preserve it for posterity. (I have taken my own liberties with the presentation).
by Tanya Skagle
You stab into me.
Release, but no peace.
I fight the Monolith with
angry, moist folds of my soul.
How can you understand me when you are so dense,
how can you see me with but one eye?
You propel forward
but the answer is right beside you.
I circle round with my engorged thoughts,
with my languid lust
but you can’t fuck me
because I’m already fucked.
You can’t fuck me
because I’m already fucked.
You can’t fuck me because
I’m already fucked.
You can’t fuck me because I’m
You can’t fuck me because
I’m already fucked!
YOU CAN’T FUCK ME BECAUSE I’M ALREADY FUCKED
YOU CAN’T FUCK ME BECAUSE I’M ALREADY FUCKED!!!!!
You can’t find me because
I’m already lost.
You can’t teach me because
I’m already gone.
But if you love me
I will fall into your arms.
- OK, with Britney out of the HoH, I’d love to see Andrew win it. He’s a wild card and would be interesting to see where he stands. #BB12 #
- Or Ragan … He’s looking good at this point. #BB12 #BigBrother #
- Although it would maybe be better for Ragan to lay low for now. He has no enemies & is not a target. Depends how bad he wants to eat. #BB12 #
- I hate Rachel and her annoying little whiny pinched face. #BB12 #BigBrother #